1) Registration: Due to space limitations at Lake Murray, only a certain number of spots are available. These will be filled as applications and payments are received. Once we have received the maximum enrollment, no more students can be accepted (this means first come-first served). Students will be assigned a place in a cabin or in the lodge. Assignments cannot be adjusted, requested or changed. Students may request their roommates on the registration form. Each student will be assigned to sleep in a twin size bed or half of a queen/ or king size bed. In the large beds, co-sleeping will be required.
2) Registration Fee: $615 tuition is due in full by June 1st. We must meet this deadline in order to guarantee our lodging and meals at Lake Murray. There can be no refunds issued! Please consider this when you register. Credit card payments have a $15 fee. Please call (940)390-6798 to make a payment by credit card. We prefer the payment to be made at once. If you need to make it in two payments, you can pay half by April 1 st and the other half by June 1 st . (307.50 and 307.50)
3) Friday Performance: The final performance/ceremony on Friday will take place at the Lake Murray Lodge Ballroom. Parents and guests are invited to attend. We please ask that parents do not come to the Resort early on Friday as the dining and other facilities can only accommodate our camp members. After the concert, parents and students are encouraged to explore this beautiful area. Consider visiting Tucker's Tower or historic downtown Ardmore, Oklahoma.
4) Equipment: All students will need to bring their own instrument and accessories. (shoulder bars, rock stops, rosin, etc.) Each member should also bring their own folding music stand.
5) Evening Activities: All camp members are required to attend the evening activities each night. Students must return to their rooms by the assigned time each evening.
6) Education: An emphasis on learning and music is the focal point of our camp activities. Students will be able to take classes in music theory, music history, chamber music, and master classes on their instruments as well as orchestra rehearsals. Other optional activities include; swimming, jewelry making, crafts, painting, archery, fishing, horseback riding, hiking, and water sports. This year we will have a featured composer Soon Hee Newbold. 7) Meals: The following meals are provided at camp: Monday Lunch & Dinner; Tuesday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Wednesday Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner; Thursday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Friday Breakfast. All meals will be served a well-balanced and nutritional menu with a vegetarian option by request. If you need special accommodations for meals or have any food allergies, please submit this in writing no later than May 15 th .
8) Safety: Safety is our number one priority. Students will be always chaperoned during the camp. All participants must attend all scheduled functions. Students are not allowed to leave the park grounds unless they are chaperoned by their parent or guardian. NO COMMUTERS ARE ALLOWED. Camp members may drive to camp but may not drive their personal vehicles during the week. All our teachers have had extensive background checks and have been fingerprinted through the State of Texas or State of Oklahoma. A nurse will be on call for the entirety of the camp and an officer will patrol the lodge and cabin areas each night. Students must have a medical release form signed by their parent before checking into the camp Monday morning. A camp handbook with all important information, including an emergency contact sheet, will be mailed out in May to all registered students. A detailed packing list will also be sent out to registered students.
9) Misc.: The dress for camp is casual. You will not be required to bring any formal clothing. Those who plan to swim will need a bathing suit. Orchestra Camp T-shirts will be handed out for the final performance and are included in the camp cost. You may wear shorts to the final performance. Linens & towels are provided by the lodge. You will need to bring personal items and clothing. You may have access to your cell phone for home calls, but it is not required. Parents are invited to the final performance on Friday at the Lake Murray Lodge.
SCHEDULES COMING SOON